Palliative care support & advice
Many people have little knowledge of what to expect when they or a loved one is living with an advanced life-limiting illness, how their care will be coordinated, or how much it will cost. This can be a daunting time. The health professionals at PalAssist are here to assist you with:
- accurate and up-to-date information about palliative care
- emotional support
- contact details for local services that provide either home care or in-patient palliative care
- compassionate guidance to help you consider your priorities at the end of life
- information about documents such as Advanced Health Directives, Enduring Power of Attorney
PalAssist Nurse Counselling Service
The PalAssist team are able to refer clients requiring additional support to the PalAssist Nurse Counselling Service.
- The PalAssist Nurse Counselling Service provides support to those experiencing distress relating to their own, or their loved one’s illness.
- Usually up to two telephone counselling sessions are offered with a follow up check-in call within two to three weeks.
- Clients generally receive specific tip sheets relating to their concerns that they can refer to at home afterwards.
- The PalAssist Nurse Counselling Service will also work with clients to identify options for ongoing support as required.
Learning To Relax Registration
Program: Learning to Relax Workshop. This workshop will be delivered over 2 sessions via video conference
Dates: October 7th and 14th of October 11:00-11:40am